SciEnggJ recognizes the potential of artificial intelligence (AI) to generate content that can be of value to manuscripts submitted to the journal for potential publication. However, the journal also recognizes the need to ensure that AI-generated content is used ethically and responsibly.
This policy sets out the journal's guidelines for the use of AI-generated content in published articles.
Definition of AI-generated content
For the purposes of this policy, AI-generated content is defined as any content that is created or substantially modified by an AI system. This includes content that is generated from scratch by an AI system, as well as content that is created by a human author but is then substantially modified by an AI system.
SciEnggJ will only publish AI-generated content that complies with the following principles:
* The AI-system used to generate the content cannot be indicated as one of the authors of a manuscript submitted for potential publication.
* The AI system used to generate the content must be properly described in the article.
* The human author's contribution to the content must be acknowledged.
* The AI-generated content must be original and not plagiarized.
* The AI-generated content must be accurate and reliable.
* The AI-generated content must not mislead or deceive readers.
Authors who wish to submit manuscripts with AI-generated content to SciEnggJ are required to provide the following information to the journal:* A detailed description of the AI system used to generate the content.
* A copy of the original input data used to generate the content.
* A copy of the AI-generated content.
* A statement acknowledging the human author's contribution to the content.
SciEnggJ will then review the AI-generated content and decide whether it is suitable for publication.EnforcementSciEnggJ reserves the right to reject or retract any article that does not comply with this policy. The journal may also take disciplinary action against authors who violate this policy.
© 2023 SciEnggJ
Philippine-American Academy of Science and Engineering